So you want to join the iPhone Squad…
- Download “Dropbox’” to your desktop computer (www.dropbox.com). It’s free, and you will not need the paid upgrade. Now download “Dropbox” to your iPhone/smartphone from the app store. This is also free. Configure settings according to the login you have established on your desktop computer.
- Download the “AirRecorder” app by Roland to your iPhone/smartphone from the app store. This will also be free.
- Using “AirRecorder” record a test station ID using a slow and clear speaking voice: “KISL 88.7, Avalon”. Use the “Best” recording setting. Leave a THREE SECOND tail of silence at the end of your recording.
- Name the recording your first name and first initial of your last name; for example name your recording “johnd” if your name is John Doe.
- Share the recording to your “Dropbox” account. AirRecorder will do this for you – it’s a built-in feature. Create a folder within your Dropbox named “KISL test.”
- Go to your desktop computer and open your “Dropbox” folder. There will be a folder there called “KISL test.” Share this file with email@example.com. That’s us.
- Email me and let me know that I should expect your test recording. My email is firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also email if you need technical support.
- That’s it! If you are successful in creating this test recording and sharing it with me, you will be able to send your audio recordings to KISL and share them with our listeners.